Sunday, September 19, 2010

Travel Day 1!!

Well September 13 came awfully quick! Dad and I decided that it would be good to leave at 5 a.m. because that would put us past all of the traffic! So I picked him up at his hotel this morning, after having to say bye to Mom...sad face, and we were on our way with a day full of driving

Our first stop of the day was in Tifton, GA where we got breakfast from Starbucks and filled the car with gas! It was a great time to stop because we got there right as the sun was rising!!

Sunrise in Tifton, GA! 
Callie at our first stop in GA!!

Once we had breakfast and a full tank of gas we were on the road again!! Even though I have always lived in Florida I have never driven to Atlanta, so I was very happy when I saw the Atlanta Skyline coming in the distance!!

Welcome to Downtown Atlanta

Pretty!
One of the buildings for Georgia Tech!

After we made our way through Georgia, our next stop was Tennessee!! I have to admit that I was very impressed with Tennessee, they had a lot to look at as we drove through the state!!

Welcome to Tennessee!!
I thought this was a pretty view!
I love how we are in the middle of Tennessee and Callie is
cuddling with her Albert in the back seat!
Downtown Nashville!!
The Tennessee Titans Stadium!

Our next state on the road was Kentucky...which I have to tell you has a whole lot of nothing when you are driving through it!! The one thing that you will see a lot of driving through the state is cord fields!!

Welcome to Kentucky!
Yet again...we are in Kentucky and Callie is still
cuddling with Albert!!
I love this picture!
This is the bridge you cross right before you go into Illinois!!

Our next state was Illinois! There really isn't much to say about Illinois!! I will confess I got a little excited when the directions said head towards Chicago...and then I got a little depressed when we didn't go anywhere close!!!

Welcome to Illinois!
Pretty!!
Beautiful Water!

Our last state for the first day was Missouri. I can honestly say that I wasn't overly impressed with St. Louis, but we stayed in Columbia, MO, which is the home to the University of Missouri, and that was a cool town! 
Welcome to Missouri
Downtown St. Loius
The Arch
More of Downtown
The sunset as we were heading out of downtown St. Louis!
This was Callie's first night in a hotel!!

Day 1 down...two more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment