Friday, July 16, 2010

Yankees vs. Mariners Game!

One of the primary reasons that I went out to Washington was because my Dad's company had their yearly get together at the Mariners vs. Yankees game. Knowing that I am a die hard Yankees fan my Dad used one of his RSVP's for me! I was very excited about this game because this would be my first real Yankees game. I had previously gone to a Spring Training game in Tampa, but none of the primary starters that I wanted to see was there.

When we first arrived at the stadium I realized that we were not going to be entering through the same gates that everyone else does. We went up to the 6th level of the parking garage and we came to the Suite Level Entrance. I guess it makes sense that if you are in a Suite Box that you would have your own entrance! Well come to find out we didn't have one Suite Box...we had eight that all linked together. Each suite had complimentary food in it. As our main dishes we had BBQ Chicken, Veggie Burgers and All Beef Hot Dogs. As far as our side items we had chips and dip, a fruit platter and of course peanuts! Our Suite Box was just behind third base and our view was great!


We got into our box about 2 hours before the game which allowed us to watch each team warm up which was a lot of fun!



The game was a pretty good game! The Yankees scored first with a Home Run, which was awesome! And for the longest time it was 1-0 Yankees until Lopez from the Mariners hit a home run with bases loaded...which I was not too fond of in the 8th inning. After the Mariners home run the Yankees tried to pull out all the stops! It wasn't until the top of the 9th inning that they finally brought Derek Jeter on to the field (which I will admit I let out the girlish fan scream when they announced his name) and the also brought out Jorge Posada! Even with these wonderful attempts the Yankees still lost 1-4, but the game was still a lot of fun and I hope to be able to do it again!!

Home Run Yankees!!
Sad Mariners Player!
Mariner's Home Run...Not Good!!
The Mariners Moose is a little too happy about the Home Run!
Jorge Posada up to bat!
Here are some of my pictures of Derek Jeter!
We had a lot of fun at the game!


No comments:

Post a Comment