Everytime I go to Washington the one thing that I want to do is go hiking, but everytime we plan it we always get rained out. Luckily this trip the weather was beautiful and I finally got to go hiking! Dad took us up to Twin Falls State Park which is about 35 miles out of Seattle. The hike is about 3 miles round trip and it considered to be a beginner level hike!
After that first part of the hike I would like to tell you that the hike was just as easy...but that would be a lie! this would be the part of your hike where you start your 285 ft. hike to the top. This is where I learned that I highly appreciate the falt land of Florida because the hills kicked my butt!! But the one thing I can tell you is that what was waiting at the top was well worth the pain. At the very top of the hike you reach the top of the two waterfalls and it is beautiful!
After you finish looking at the top of the waterfall you start your gradual descent back down the hill. Not too far from the top you follow a set of stairs down to the second waterfall which I have to say is more beautiful than the one at the top. We stopped here for a little while just so I could take it all in and also because there were a lot of stair to hike back up to the trail!!
After hiking the stairs back up to the trail we started looking for a place to stop and eat lunch. They do have benches located at different points in the hike where you can sit and view the beautiful scenery, but they were all taken. We found a path that went off towards the river that we decided to follow so we could eat lunch down there. When we made it down to the river we found a large rock in the water, so we decided to walk over and sit there to eat lunch. I have to say that I have never had a more beautiful background for a meal than what I did sitting on that rock...it was Amazing! So me bing the girl from Florida and loving the water, I decided that I was going to take off my shoes and put my feet in the water. Dad warned me that it was going to be cold, but I did it anyways! When I put my feet into the water it felt like I was putting my feet in a bucket of ice water, it was cold. I don't know exactly what the temperature was but if I had to guess I would say that the temperature is somewhere around 40 degrees! But I have to say the cold water felt really good on my feet!!
After we were done with the hike we were all pretty hungry so Dad decided that we were going to go to XXX Root Beer for lunch. I was a little scared when he said the name, but I am typically open to anything! When we got to the restuarant it was nothing I had ever seen before. Just by looking at the outside it looks like a 1950s diner. Every wall in the restuarant is decorated and everything on the menu is named after a car. For lunch I had the Chevelle S/S 396 which they consider a mushroom utopia. It is a quarter pound beef patty smothered in sauteed mushrooms, piston onion rings, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mayo and XXX sauce. It is served with curly fries and more piston onion rings. I will warn you it is a little messy, we took our order to go so I ended up taking the sandwich apart and eating just the meat and the toppings! Now as far as what to drink there the only thing that you should order should be something with Root Beer. They make their own Root Beer and it is delicious! Alisha and I decided that since we had done a good job on our hike that we were going to reward ourselves with a Root Beer Float, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into!!









No comments:
Post a Comment