Monday, November 16, 2009

Penguin Pumpkin Project

Every year at work we have a Pumpkin Decorating contest. We can't carve the pumpkins because we can't light candles so you have to build something around the pumpkin. When I took on the job I couldn't figure out what I wanted to make. Since I love Penguins so much I decided that I would attempt to make a Penguin Pumpkin.

The first day that I worked on the pumpkin I painted the body and began to make his arms, legs, etc.
The Body

The Feet

The Legs


When I got a chance to work on it again it was time to put some of the pieces together. At this point I put everything on the pumpkin except for the head.

With Legs and Feet

Now we have Arms and the Fish Sandwich

Side View


My next step was to add the head and make the background that she would sit on.

This is the Penguin on the Iceberg

A Close Up

This was her spot in the department


On the day of the competition there were a couple of other additions that needed to go on. Now I would like to introduce Gabby the Good Neighbor Penguin!!





No comments:

Post a Comment