Yesterday morning I woke up at 7 a.m. ready to run my race. I had already pre-planned my route, hoping I would have enough water and gatorade to get me through this run. It was an overcast and cool morning on the Samamish River Trail and there were quite a few runners to join me in my run. I wasn't trying to concentrate on the mileage, but when everyone started to turn around and go back I knew it was time to check my watch. 3 miles....I had only gone 3 miles...seriously? All of these "smart people" were only running 6 miles...and I still had 10 miles to go. Focusing on my running and music I finally hit the 6.5 mile mark...I had run from Woodinville to Redmond...seriously? I just ran through 3 towns in a matter of 6.5 miles. The only good part here was that it was time to turn around and head back.
Running back to Woodinville seemed to go by pretty quick. Despite my leg muscles tightening up I made it back to my car! It was a great feeling...the only downfall is that my car wasn't an actual finish line...there was no cheering crowd and sadly no one handing out medals! I felt amazing, I had managed to run 13.1 miles by myself and I managed to get a new personal record. I ran my half marathon in 3:31:41...that is 18 minutes faster than I ran the Seattle half marathon!
Lets FINISH Breast Cancer!





No comments:
Post a Comment